How To & Repair : Outdoor Faucet Repair Outdoor Faucet Cap Leaking
Quote from Outdoor Faucet Repair :
Finding your outdoor faucet out of order is not something nice at all. Not only it will make your get annoyed but also it will make your water bills boosted up like crazy. So, when you are facing this kind of same problem with your outdoor faucet, of course you will need to get it repaired right? So, the question will be: how to do the right outdoor faucet repair? Let’s roll folks.
- you will need to have all the supplies you need with you. Just bring the tray or little box on order to prevent losing any piece on the grass. Make sure that you have turned off the main water from your house before starting the project.
- Then after that, get the handle removed. Get the center screw loosened using the screw driver. Get the screw kept in the safe place like in a box or anything in order to prevent losing it. By now you should be able to lift the handle easily.
- get the packing nut under the handle removed and then get it turned counterclockwise. The stem might need to be moved around a bit in order to get it out.
- Get the stem taken out which looks like a log rod with washer at the end of it. Get the washer taken off and the replaced with the new one.
- Get the end of the stem greased with a little petroleum jelly or we can also use grease for faucet. Get the stem re-installed and also the handle as well as the packing nut. Now your faucet should work normally. If the problem continues, then it’s about time for calling the pros to get the problem fixed for good. Or you can simply ask help from your friends who have experience with this kind of issue.