How To & Repair : How to Make a Shower Pan Shower Pan Liner Corner Fold Outside
Quote from How to Make a Shower Pan :
What is the important thing in making a solid, water-tight-shower? How to make a shower pan?. Maybe you think it is a simple thing to do, but unless it is done properly, it will only bring disaster with the leaks and other things. What is a shower pan? The best answer is that it is a mortar bed that is sloped into a drain. It surely sounds easy, if you desire to get the shower built by yourself, then the pan could be probably built by you as well just if it is done carefully. Let’s find how to make a shower pan below.
1. First of all, you'll gonna have to frame the shower pan in two different size and parts. First part is around the floor’s bottom and the second one is upright on the wall in regular size. Once it is framed in, then we'll gonna put it within the first section of the drain assembly. After that, you have to row the floor properly using tar paper.
2. Next, we will net to get the metal lath put down on the tar paper’s top to get the mortar held in its place. For more easily process, get it started around the sides & get yourself worked toward the center.
3. Then, simply put the rubber coat or membrane, providing a good seal and protecting the shower pan from any leaking. You can find this type of membrane easily at most plumbing stores.
4. Get the entire shower pan floor covered by the membrane. Get the first layer put at the drain and get it glued. After that, the second drain assembly’s piece and then get it screwed.
5. Now, how to make a shower pan? the concrete must be put in the blackboard walls of the concrete. By doing this will get the framing covered. Next, the final mortar layer can be poured.
6. This thing must be kept in mind, that the tile will get protruded a little above the drain in order to get the water drain freely.
7. After the tiles set themselves, the grout can be applied all around.