How To Build A House Floor
Joe McGreen, July 20th , 2015. How To & Repair: How To Build A House Floor.
The floor of the house is like one of the most crucial things that we should consider when building a house. Your house floor should be built as well as possible and that requires a good building plan. Just in case you are dealing with this case, here I will show you how to build a house floor. There are several steps which you should follow:
- You will find the sill plate fit over the anchor bolts which stick out from the concrete foundation. Just for your information, you need to get the sill plates pressured. For the general length of the sill plates are if not 2x6 lumbers then 2x8 lumbers. Then they will be secured around the foundation’s top. Then next thing to do is to get all the nuts tighten down evenly so that you will make the sill plate stable.
- Next thing to do, you need to get the rim joist put onto the sill plate. Then we can get the rim stood by 2x10 lumbers on its side and get the lumber toe nailed to the sill plate.
- Get the rim joist nailed to the floor for making sure about the stability and you might think that it would not be able to stabilize it but once you have done it, you will see its magic.
- Get the floor joists put on. You may go with 2x10 lumber or TJI composite floor joists.
- Then get the floor nailed to secure it as well as stabilizing it.
- If you want more stability, you can use the joists hangers.
- Once you find the joists have been attached, then you can get the plywood put on and then secure it by nailing it down and then you’re done.
Gallery of How To Build A House Floor
Rate This : How To Build A House Floor
55out of 100based on 109 user ratings
Related gallery from How To Build A House Floor
Comment for How To Build A House Floor